Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My last month in Thailand, but I will return again...

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." - Richard Bach


While I was packing away some of my belongings that I had collected over this year I felt great pain. As if the box I was packing was not just my possessions but apart of my life here in Udon Thani. Packing my life away in a box...This year is nearly over and I am leaving a piece of my heart behind. Though I have had many difficulties to overcome this year, without them I could not have grown and matured into the young lady I am today, like my auntie Sabrina McKenna says,

"...people who haven't experienced adversity have little to prove."

I am so grateful for this past year and I will never forget it. Time goes by so fast and in many ways this year felt like a dream; flowing through my mind and filling it with adventures, trials, and crazy moments then drifting away as I return to the real world around me.

Though my year as an exchange student is ending, I know I will be returning to Thailand again, someday...

No comments: