Monday, September 15, 2008

Bangkok City!

Peace out B-Town....jk.jk.jk...
Went to Bangkok with Nina's family this past weekend. It was her grandfather's birthday so they drove out to Bangkok and asked if I would like to join them. Originally I wasn't because my Thai friends were going to go to the complex this weekend but they cancelled so I went to Bangkok instead. I saw P'Aek but not P' Jaao, she had to work so I didn't get to hang out with her on Sunday. It was a nice trip, on the way to Bangkok Nina's family stop at an outlet mall in some random town, I think maybe Saraburi....but I'm not sure. There was a Starbucks there! I was so happy and it was Nina's first Starbucks visit EVER! I feel for her, there are no Starbucks in her town back in Germany.
The drive didn't seem as long as usual, I think it is because Nina and I were talking and messing around the whole car ride there. I was so happy to get out of the car though when we got to Nina's Grandmother's house! Her Grandmother is this really nice Thai lady who speaks no English and always wants to feed everyone. I met Nina's brother there, he is a medical student at some university in Bangkok. The Thai school system here is weird, they don't have an undergraduate program so students just start medical training right out of high school.

Bangkok has these bright pink taxis, I love them! I was told that even though tuk tuks are fun taxis are better because they cost about the same and taxis have air conditioning. I think tuk tuks are a tourist thing, like pretty much everything here in Thailand. But I gotta say, I love Chatuchak (JJ) Market! I think it is my new favorite shopping destination in Bangkok. ^_^ When I went there I bought a pair of really pretty silver flower earrings and a matching necklace. I also bought some stuff for my flower making craft class at school. Right now I am working on making a orchid plant out of wire and fabric stuff.



The Market was crowded that day and the traffic in Bangkok is the worse I have ever seen... Even when it is not Rush hour it feels like it takes forever to get anywhere! That's the only bad thing about Bangkok I think....

No comments: