Monday, February 2, 2009

Nakhom Phanom

I went to Nakhon Phanom to visit my friend Suzanne for the weekend. Nakhon Phanom is a small town located on the banks of the Mekhong river. In Nakhon Phanom a person can see Laos and Vietnam! When I arrived on Friday there was a beautiful view of Laos accross the river and further away were the mountains and Vietnam. Sometimes I wish Udon Thani was that close to another country.

BUBBLE TEA!! My favorite drink in Thailand has been bubble tea (cha kai mok) and while I was in Ban Klang (Suzanne's village) we went to a bubble tea shop. My bubble tea was a green tea flavor, very good and not too sweet!
Suzanne, her host brother P' Pong, and I went around the village and stopped at a school, Wat, and the local noodle shop. At the school we made jumping pictures, played with really small merry go round, and took pictures of little Thai children. Suzanne is very tall so when she was on the merry go round it was very entertaining.

2 comments:

Lioness said...

How's Udon Thani after the village?

colettemasu said...

Udon Thani is good! I miss bicycles! And Bubble tea!