Friday, April 3, 2009

Orchids, moleskin art, and the road home....帰り道

Since I have returned to Udon Thani the days are calm and quiet. I retreat to the small garden in front of the house and listen to my Thailand. The world becomes a more seldom place as I realize that I am only in Thailand for a short time more. Udon Thani has become my home this past year and I feel a piece of my heart is slowly being torn from me. It will be very hard to leave in May... I also know that it will be many years before I can return to Thailand. One exchange student said that, "When I returned to my home country it felt as if everything the year before had been a dream..."

When I am in the States again the summer will be full of activities; graduation, family get togethers, friend's grad party's, grad night at Disneyland, Kristy's wedding, and moving to California for college. While these things are all very fun, I am worried that I will be unprepared for this step in my life. It is also painful to think that I will only be home in Kona for a short time and then, once again I will have to pack up and go somewhere, its just that now I have no clue how long it will be before I return home.

The southern tour reminded me so much of Hawaii and when I would go to the beach with all my friends. I am amazed at myself for wanting to go home so badly but not wanting to leave either. Conflicting emotions are never easy to describe. Well, I thought I might put up pictures of some of my pages from my moleskin journal. When ever I was overly emotional, thought too much, or just wanted to pass the time I would either write or draw. So out of my head and on to paper, creativity and boredom reign! Just kidding.

There have been new orchids blooming recently. Small, fragrant yellow ones fall from the tree and hang lightly in the wind. Those are my favorite of all the orchids at my house. I really fancy trees and flowers that hang down, almost like they are trying to touch the ground instead of reaching for the sky.

I feel more at ease now, so I can get to work on finishing so very difficult essays and sort out all my scholarship "to do" list.

No comments: